- Design Your Own Personalised Dog T-Shirts
- Design Your Own Personalised Dog Hoody
- Design Your Own Personalised Dog Bandanas
- Design Your Own Personalised Reflective Dog Vest
- Design Your Own Personalised Dog Raincoats
- Dog Cologne
- Design Your Own Personalised Dog Dinner Mat
- Design Your Own Christmas Dog Outfits
- Puppia Soft Dog Harness
- Dog Cooling Bandanas Blue/Pink
- Design Your Own Personalised Dog Towels
- Design Your Own Personalised Dog Hoodie
Bonnie Dogs Blog - Dog Caring, Measuring and Grooming
22nd Nov 2016
It is very important that as Christmas is nearing you know the dangers that it can bring to your dog, including poisonous plants and flowers.
There are many holiday plants that you bring into your home and without realsing you could be putting your dog at risk.
Real Christmas Trees can look very pretty and do give the house a really festive smell. However, Pine needles can start to drop the longer the Tree has been in the house, some very curious dogs start to try and eat the fallen neededs which can be a choking hazards. Pine needles are not toxic but can be an irritant to your dogs mouth and throat. The water used to keep the tree alive can also be treated with a tree food to keep the tree healthy for longer however, your dog may want to try and drink this water. If you have pets it is best to avoid using a real Tree for Christmas.
The berries and leaves from a Holly plant are also highly toxic and cause your dog stomach upset. The leaves on a holly plant are also very sharp and can cause damage to your dogs throat and mouth.
Like Holly Mistletoe is also highly toxic to dogs, including the stems, leaves and berries, this can also cause stomach upset to your dog.
This is another plant that can be toxic to your dog, it is not as toxic as Holly and Mistletoe but can cause some dogs to have worse reactions than others. If you do wish to have Poinsettia as a decoration in your home it is best to keep it up higher where pets can not reach them.
A very beautiful holiday plant, however it is highly toxic. It is not as common due to its toxicity but some people do like to use them for decoration. This plant can cause more serious stomach upsets that may need require more attention from your dogs Vet.
If you have any concerns that your dog may have eaten any of the following plants or flowers then please contact you dogs Vet for more information.
- Dogs and christmas
- christmas and dogs
- poisonous plants to dogs
- poisonous christmas plants to dogs