- Design Your Own Personalised Dog T-Shirts
- Design Your Own Personalised Dog Hoody
- Design Your Own Personalised Dog Bandanas
- Design Your Own Personalised Reflective Dog Vest
- Design Your Own Personalised Dog Raincoats
- Dog Cologne
- Design Your Own Christmas Dog Outfits
- Design Your Own Personalised Dog Hoodie
- Puppia Soft Dog Harness
- Dog Cooling Bandanas Blue/Pink
- Design Your Own Personalised Dog Towels
- All in One Dog Rain Coats Red/Blue
Bonnie Dogs Blog - Dog Caring, Measuring and Grooming
9th May 2016
Now that the Weather is getting warmer there are ways that you can help keep your dog cool, one of them is professional grooming.
Getting your dog professionally groomed will help your dog be cool and comfortable for a number of reasons.
1. Dogs sweat through their paws if you check on the underside of your dogs feet and feel between the pads for fur and mats, if your dog has hairy feet then take them along to your dog groomer and get this fur removed. Your dog will instantly feel cooler by clearing the fur from between their pads and this will allow your dog to sweat more easily. So if your dog has hairy feet get this removed regularly.
2. Another way to cool dogs down is for them to have a tummy clip during the summer months, this will allow your dog to feel cooler when lying on a cold floor.
3. Dogs with furry long ears are at a higher risk of developing infections as their ears become very hot. By getting your groomer to remove the hair from beneath the ears will increase airflow and lower the chance of infections. Also for those breeds that have hair growing in their ear canal ensure that this is removed by your vet or groomer.
4. Clipping will help keep your dog cool as this will remove a lot of the coat which can get very thick causing your dog to be extremely warm, if you are unable to brush your dog reguarly and they are prone to matting, Clipping is a great way to help keep your dog cool.
5. De-Shedding also helps to keep dogs cool as this removes the dead coat that can build up. It is very important that double coated breeds are de-shedded as if it is left matts can start to form causing the dog discomfort. If matts do occur and they are unable to be brushed out they will need to be clipped as it is the safest and kindest way to the dog, trying to brush out a matt that can not be brushed out will cause the dog pain.
For more information on how Professional Grooming can keep your dog cool please click here.
- How to keep your dog cool
- keeping your dog cool in the summer
- now the weather is warming up it is important you know how to keep your dog cool
- professional dog grooming
- how to keep your dog cool by getting them professionally groomed