- Design Your Own Personalised Dog T-Shirts
- Design Your Own Personalised Dog Hoody
- Design Your Own Personalised Dog Bandanas
- Design Your Own Personalised Reflective Dog Vest
- Design Your Own Personalised Dog Raincoats
- Dog Cologne
- Design Your Own Christmas Dog Outfits
- Design Your Own Personalised Dog Hoodie
- Puppia Soft Dog Harness
- Dog Cooling Bandanas Blue/Pink
- Design Your Own Personalised Dog Towels
- All in One Dog Rain Coats Red/Blue
Bonnie Dogs Blog - Dog Caring, Measuring and Grooming
1st Mar 2016
Spring is here and the flowers are blooming, you may notice when out on your walks that there are Daffodils everywhere! A sure sign that Spring and Easter are here these yellow flowers look beautiful, however they are actually poisonous to dogs!
Some very curious dogs love to stick their noses in the bushes and even have a nibble on a plant or two and unfortunately this can have great consequences for your dog. Daffodils are part of the Lily family and like other Lily's are mildly toxic. The size of your dog and how much of the plant is eaten will influence your dogs effects from eaten the plant. The leaves and flowers of the plant are toxic however not every part of the bulb is. It can only take approximately 15g of the plant to kill a dog!
If you think your dog has eaten any part of a Daffodil and you are concerned contact your dogs Vet immediately. Your dog may show signs such as vomiting, diarrhoea and lethargy if they have eaten any part of the plant your dog will require immediate Veterinary attention.
Avoid keeping Daffodils around your home or in your garden to avoid curious dogs falling for the temptation. When you are out on walks keep an eye on your dog and if you see Daffodils in the distance and you know your dog might try and have a nibble keep them on lead until you pass.
For more information on plants and foods that are poisonous to dogs, please click here.
- Dogs and daffodils
- are daffodils poisonous to dogs
- the dangers of daffodils to dogs